Saturday, August 13, 2005

A brief discourse on stripping

WOOD!

As I have mentioned before, there is some pretty trim, however it is usually hiding under at least 112 years worth of paint....
So, Kaptain Kaos is undertaking the stripping and refinishing... of pieces like this...


Here you can see what Kaptain Kaos has done with the wood...



I just have to show you what is going on with the doors... a during picture if you will... ignore the date, we have yet to set the correct date on Kaptain Kaos' digital camera.

This is a door mid process... I can only thank our lucky stars to have the wonderful help of Kaptain Kaos.



Kaptain Kaos also took a fabulous picture of the house from the front, so this is the New Casa.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What amazing blocks and I love the flowers on the door panels. Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Awesome house! I love the wide front porch and all the detail in the woodwork.

Cathy said...

Wow, welcome to the world of renovating an historic home that just called your name (and you suddenly amazingly own it!) LOL! Good job on the stripping of the wood trim! I wish I could find someone to take on that painstaking job (ours also has 100+ years of paint over it).

Congratulations!! And happy unpacking!